Tamagotchi Music Star

A little hand-held toy that has been around since 1997. Crazy to think it's already been almost 12 years since the first one came out. It's a bundle of fun and I enjoyed playing with it when I was a kid =D

A customer review from Amazon:
"I owned the first Tamagotchi back when Bandai released it in the US in 1997. The overall formula has not changed much, but everything else is very new. My fiancée bought the Glam Rock version of this toy, and I bought the Techno Groove version. They are all intrinsically the same toy but with different shell designs.

What I really like about the Tamagotchi V6 Music Star is the subtle micromanagement that is needed. It's good for three- to five-minute, manic bursts of taking care of your pet, then leaving it alone for three or four hours. The toy will beep at you about every two to four hours requiring some intervention, but otherwise, the virtual pets are quite happy by themselves, practicing their instruments or playing with their toys. They may get a visitor at the door occasionally, or they may get sick. So many things can happen to the Tamagotchi. You will see something new almost every day, be it a new school, instrument, or friend to play with. I think its biggest strength of this newest Tamagotchi is the pause feature; just press and hold A, then press B to pause the Tamagotchi. It will not beep, age, get sick, poop, feel hungry, or feel unhappy. You can also turn off the sound; press and hold A, then press C. I also like the feel of the actual unit; it is not unlike the original Tamagotchi. I really disliked the fake antennas that were on the previous versions.

My biggest complaint with this toy is the buttons. Sometimes, the buttons are hard to press and your presses do not always register. An extra firm press usually satisfies the hardware. It took some getting used to.

Great product! "

No comments:

Post a Comment